Those with antisocial personality disorders (psychopaths are a sub category of ASPD, there is strong evidence they were born that way. Front lobe differences. Communication differences within the brain.
For narcissists, either they were born that way or their condition is a result of childhood neglect or abuse. In essence, their brains were warped as young child. They are so ego centric and needy due to this abuse or neglect that they put themselves first. They cannot stop doing this.
No matter how patient you are with them, no matter how good you are or how much you love them, they will not change for you. They will not change because they cannot change.
The only type of therapy available is talk therapy which is next to useless because
a) Type B personality disorders won’t seek help on their own because part of their symptoms are that they believe there is nothing wrong with them, and it is everyone elses fault.
b) Generally, they only wind up in therapy because they are forced to do so, by court of law or desperate spouse.
c) While in therapy, they will utilize their same manipulative, pathological lying behavior to make themselves appear flawless.
d) They will skip out on therapy the second they are no longer being forced to go.
- Get the Cluster B People Out of Your Life! (Psychopaths, Narcissists, Sociopaths…) (phoenixsphere.wordpress.com)
- Antisocial Personality Disorder 101 (phoenixsphere.wordpress.com)
- Two Great Blogs on Healing from Narcissism/ASPD Relationships (phoenixsphere.wordpress.com)
- Twin Study of Antisocial Personality Disorder (brainposts.blogspot.com)
- Personality Disorders – Psychopath vs Sociopath (hottallblonde.wordpress.com)
- Sociopathy (psychopathresistance.wordpress.com)
- A Misunderstood Personality Disorder – Psychopathy (medicalnewstoday.com)
- The Disconnection of Psychopaths (neurocritic.blogspot.com)
- Long-held myths about psychopaths busted (news.bioscholar.com)
- The Dehumanizing of “The Other” Continues Apace. [krakatoa] (minx.cc)
- Psychopathic Brains (davidscommonplacebook.wordpress.com)
- Psychopathy and Beyond (oup.com)
- Psychopaths’ brains show differences in structure and function (eurekalert.org)
- Psychopath Brain Study of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- About psychopathic personalities (thebovine.wordpress.com)
- Inside the Brains of Psychopaths (livescience.com)
- Nature vs Nurture (psychopathresistance.wordpress.com)
- Mad vs. bad: Criminal psychopaths may be victims of their own biology (news.nationalpost.com)
- Are Psychopaths ‘Brain-Damaged’? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Brain of psychopaths differ in structure and function (news.bioscholar.com)
- The biology of evil: Is bad wiring behind psychopaths? (vancouversun.com)
- Survival Of A Psychopath(With Borderline Tendencies…Abuse Of Power Results In Guilt For Whom?) (sorceressofthedark.wordpress.com)
- UW-Madison Psychiatry imaging study finds brains of psychopaths are different – Isthmus Daily Page (thedailypage.com)
- Evil or narcissistic psychopathy? [Ulla Sarja] (ecademy.com)
- The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry (eatsleepreadlove.wordpress.com)
- Serial Killers (socyberty.com)
- Did ‘corporate psychopaths’ bring down the banks? (americablog.com)