On this blog, I write about my journey of recovery from a man with characteristics of both Narcissisitic and Antisocial Personality Disorder.
I am not a mental health professional. Anything I write here should not be quoted as professional opinion.
I am just a woman trying to make sense of what happened to me. I am trying to unravel my relationship with this man, who according to the DSM-IV, has all of the traits of Anti Social Personality Disorder and most of the trait of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
This man is my ex husband. His behavior and lack of responsibility has damaged my life and the life of my family for over twenty-five years. His apparent lack of remorse for his actions is appalling. The secret lives which he has managed to keep hidden from me, from our family, from his employer, from his new girlfriend, are criminal and immoral.
‘If the shoe fits, wear it.’ Well, even though he has not received a diagnosis of Anti Social Personality Disorder, but that diagnosis fits him perfectly.
All of the personality disorders discussed on this blog fall under what the professionals refer to as ‘Cluster B‘ types of personality disorders.
Most if not all people diagnosed with ‘Cluster B’ disorders are pathological liars.
As ‘the proof is in the pudding’ so has my ex husband’s true nature been exposed by the number, extent, planning and execution of his network of a thousand lies.
I spent the first year after the relationship ended uncovering these lies. Hundreds and hundreds of them. I now realize that his personality is so fake, that I cannot believe a single thing that he ever told me. I realize that I was an enjoyable sexual partner for him, but I cannot trust that he ever cared for me in any other way.
In order to carry on his two sexual relationships and his various illegal activities, the amount of lie which he told to me and to his other girlfriend is staggering.
He is not a person with a soul or a conscience. He is a being who pursues pleasure. When anything or anyone might inhibit his pleasure, he simply lies his way around it or them. His morality is formed around the opinions of his friends, who are also ‘Cluster B’ types. He and his ‘buddies’ are pathological liars and addicts; they are grown men who behave like children in a candy store. Porn, intoxication, loose sex and getting high are their thrills which they pursue daily.
Knowing that these thrills are unacceptable to their wives and girlfriends, they lie about them.
Once I was able to unravel all of his lie to me during our thirty month ‘reunion’ I could see how he didn’t exist a a person. He is nothing besides whatever urge he is fulfilling at the moment.
- When Dealing With An Abuser….Think on This (journeyafterabuse.wordpress.com)
- Out of the FOG – Top 100 Behaviors & Traits of Individuals who suffer from Personality Disorders (faithandmeow.wordpress.com)
- Mittens, Pathological Prevaricator? (duanegraham.wordpress.com)
- Psychopaths Everywhere? (psychologytoday.com)
- When a Psychopath Asks for Forgiveness (phoenixsphere.com)
- I invite male victims of Psychological abuse, to join in this blog… (lifebegins45.wordpress.com)
- Stages… (lifebegins45.wordpress.com)
- Finding Effective Help in 2012! (psychologytoday.com)
- Normally a pers… (lifebegins45.wordpress.com)
- Positivity: The Key to Success (lifebegins45.wordpress.com)
- gotta love this! (lifebegins45.wordpress.com)
- Psychopathy and Beyond (oup.com)
- Exposing Online Predators & Cyberpaths (lifebegins45.wordpress.com)
- Are You a Liar? There’s an App for That (socyberty.com)