A family member died suddenly and recently. Before his death, we spent several days with him in the intensive care unit with the family. It was a harrowing time, and reminded me of how short this life is and how fragile.
Although I respect that there are some couples who have survived and moved past issues of betrayal, I would advise not giving second chances.
Life is too short and too precious to share your life with someone who has lied and cheated on you. There are so many wonderful people in the world who will not deceive or betray you. Share your life with them.
Integrity, honesty and thoughtfulness are their own rewards. A person who has betrayed you has violated these three virtues. Betrayal is an act. It is something which someone chooses to do, knowing that their actions will hurt the betrayed, eventually.
To be happy in this life, find people who will love you and treasure you and who would never betray you. Surround yourself with these beacons of light, these honest people who walk in integrity. These may be your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your friends. Surround yourself with goodness and let no one enter your life whose heart does not glow with purity and truthfulness.
- The Tough task of Healing after betrayal (herbertmtowo.wordpress.com)
- Betrayed Yes! – but you can still trust and love again. (herbertmtowo.wordpress.com)
- Better betrayals please (zompist.wordpress.com)
- the ultimate betrayal (natureboysgroove.wordpress.com)
- The effect of betrayal (167hours.net)
- The paralysis of betrayal (herbertmtowo.wordpress.com)