While web surfing for recommended reading on the topic of recovering from a relationship with a psychopath, I came across an interesting website, Flashlight Worthy. Flashlight Worthy is a nonprofit site, which offers book lists by very specific topics, ha nd picked by an expert in that particular field.
“The Best Books to Understand and Recover From a Psychopath“ (http://www.flashlightworthybooks.com/Best-Books-Understand-Recover-Psychopath/413) was compiled by Barbara Bentley, a victims’ advocate in California.
More information about Barbara Bentley may be found at her website, A Dance With the Devil (http://www.adancewiththedevil.com/). Her memoir is titled, A Dance With the Devil: A True Story of Marriage to a Psychopath.
For complete descriptions of the books listed below, visit ‘The Best Books to Understand and Recover From a Psychopath’ at Flashlight Worthy (http://www.flashlightworthybooks.com/Best-Books-Understand-Recover-Psychopath/413)
2. Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work, by Paul Babiak and Robert D. Hare
4. How to Spot a Dangerous Man Before You Get Involved, by Sandra L. Brown, M.A.
5. Women Who Love Psychopaths, by Lianne J. Leedom, M.D. and Sandra L. Brown, M.A.
6. Recovery of Your Inner Child: The Highly Acclaimed Method for Liberating Your Inner Self, by Lucia Cappacchione
8. Beyond Codependency: And Getting Better All the Time, by Melody Beattie
9. Codependents’ Guide to the 12 Steps, by Melody Beattie
10. The New Codependency: Help and Guidance for Today’s Generation, by Melody Beattie
11. Bradshaw on the Family: A Revolutionary Way of Self Discovery, by John Bradshaw
12. The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to Recognize it and How to Respond, by Patricia Evans
13. Controlling People: How to Recognize, Understand and Deal With People Who Try to Control You, by Patricia Evans
- Two Great Blogs on Healing from Narcissism/ASPD Relationships (phoenixsphere.wordpress.com)
- Using Speech Patterns to Detect Psychopaths (izabael.com)
- More About ‘Cultivating Indifference’ By Psychopathyaweareness (phoenixsphere.wordpress.com)
- Why We Love Psychopaths (forbes.com)
- Sandra L. Brown Interview on Relationship Talk (imaginepublicity.com)
- Finding Effective Help in 2012! (psychologytoday.com)
- The Roth Show: Document the Abuse with Sandra L. Brown, M.A. and Susan Murphy Milano (imaginepublicity.com)
- Trait Examination or Character Assassination? (my.psychologytoday.com)
- Are Psychopaths ‘Brain-Damaged’? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Psychopath genetics (psychopathresistance.wordpress.com)
- Out to Get You (my.psychologytoday.com)
- Sociopathy (psychopathresistance.wordpress.com)
- The Shocking Statistic About Psychopaths On Wall Street (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- The Dehumanizing of “The Other” Continues Apace. [krakatoa] (minx.cc)